What is the TICUA Benefit Consortium (TBC)?
A health plan created in 2001 by TICUA member institutions which came together for the common purpose of providing quality coverage at stable costs to the member institutions, their faculty and staff.
What are TBC’s Goals?
- Support private higher education in Tennessee and around the country
- Quality of Service
- Stability of plan costs
- Improve the long term health of Members’ employees by identifying the presence of health conditions in segments of the covered population and target those individuals for educational intervention
- Reduction of operating costs as percentage of total cost per employee per year
- Sharing risk within the group
- “Control of Destiny” in benefit design. tailoring the benefit plan(s) to more effectively meet the needs of institutions of higher learning.
- Participants’ appeals decided internally by Board, not by insurance company