Resources for Financial Aid Professionals
Tennessee Education Lottery Scholarship (TELS) Program Resources Page
TASFAA is the statewide organization that brings together higher education institutions and other public and private organizations involved with providing financial aid for students.
- Transitioning to Direct Loans - NAICU webinar, June 24, 2009
- Federal Government Direct Loan website
- Direct Loan Training Suite (webinars)
- Direct Loan School Guides
- Step-by-step information on participating in Direct Lending
- Department of Education GEN letter about support for schools transitioning to Direct Lending
- Presentations about Direct Lending and Year-Round Pell at the Fall 2009 FSA Conference
- The Higher Education Loan Coalition website
- Transitioning to Direct Loans, a presentation given by Dr. Claude Pressnell at NAICU Board Meeting on Nov. 11, 2009
Department of Education Pell Grant Website
Federal FAFSA Website
In accordance with the Sec. 111 of the Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008 (HEOA), the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) and the Office of Postsecondary Education (OPE) at the U.S. Department of Education (Department), released a net price calculator template. With its release, all institutions participating in Title IV Student Financial Aid Programs institutions have two years to either implement use of the template on their websites, or develop a customized version that must include, at a minimum, the same elements as the Department's version.
This Committee serves as an independent source of advice and counsel to Congress and the Secretary of Education on student financial aid policy. For more information on this Committee, please visit this site.
Early and Often: Developing a Comprehensive System of Financial Aid: July 2008 [.PDF - 1.39 mb]
Transition Matters: Community College to Bachelor's Degree: May 2008 [.PDF]
Turn The Page: Making College Textbooks More Affordable: May 2007 [.PDF - 400kb]
The Student Aid Gauntlet: Making Access to College Simple and Certain: January 2005 [.PDF - 600KB]
Briefing Document on The Student Aid Gauntlet Prepared for TASFAA: April 2005 [.PDF - 400KB]