TICUA Announces New Board Members
TICUA Announces New Board Members
The Tennessee Independent Colleges and Universities Association (TICUA) is pleased to announce its new board officers and members. At its annual meeting on February 16, 2010, the membership of TICUA ratified Dr. Dan Boone, President of Trevecca Nazarene University, as the Chair of the Board of Directors and Dr. Betty Sue McGarvey, President of Baptist College of Health Sciences, as the Board Treasurer. They join the other members of the Executive Committee, Vice Chair Mr. Dean Chase, Founder and Owner of DF Chase; Immediate Past Chair Dr. Nancy Moody, President of Tusculum College; and Secretary Dr. Claude Pressnell, President of TICUA.
Also installed as Board Members were:
· Ms. Marcela Gómez, President, Hispanic Marketing Group
· Ms. Paige Kisber, President and CEO, Hospital Alliance of Tennessee
· Dr. Stephen Livesay, President, Bryan College
· Ms. CeeGee McCord, State Government and Community Relations Manager, Eastman Chemical Company
· Dr. Richard Phillips, President, Southern College of Optometry
· Dr. Johnnie Watson, President, LeMoyne-Owen College
Additionally, the following individuals are current board members:
· Mr. Ben Atchley, Former State Senator
· Ms. Beth Fortune, Vice Chancellor for Public Affairs, Vanderbilt University
· Mr. Dan Hogan, Tennessee President and CEO, 5/3 Bank
· Dr. Don Jeanes, President, Milligan College
· Dr. Wayne Riley, President, Meharry Medical College
· Mr. Andy Womak, Former State Senator
Dr. Moody has just ended a two-year period as the Board Chair. She led the organization’s Executive Committee and convened and presided over TICUA Board meetings and the Nashville-based organization’s annual meeting over the past two years. Her insight and direction were instrumental in guiding the Association through its delivery of services to its membership. She served as a strong advocate for the work of private higher education institutions in serving the citizens of the State.
“Under Dr. Moody’s leadership TICUA has become one of the state’s most respected leaders in higher education policy. During her tenure as Chair of TICUA, students attending Tennessee’s private colleges have benefited from more than $120 million in state funded student aid,” TICUA President Dr. Claude Pressnell stated.
“Her passion for helping students and advancing the cause of independent higher education was a driving force behind her success,” Pressnell added.
Dr. Boone will serve as Board Chair through 2012. “I’m looking forward to working with Dr. Boone in his capacity as TICUA Chair,” commented Dr. Pressnell. “He has served for the last two years as the Board Treasurer and his insight into the Organization and private higher education equip him to provide great leadership to the Association for the next two years.”
TICUA’s board is comprised of five officers and twelve members-at-large. The members-at-large serve for a three-year period and represent private colleges and corporate or civic entities from East, West, and Middle Tennessee. A full listing of board members is available on the TICUA website: http://www.ticua.org/board.
TICUA engages Tennessee's private colleges and universities to work collaboratively in areas of public policy, cost containment, and professional development to better serve the state and its citizens. For more information about TICUA, please visit our website at www.ticua.org